Kevin W. Hardin, JD CMB, CMC, CMPS 15 E. Los Arboles Circle Tempe, AZ 85284 888-909-1030 Email: email@example.com CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER * MANAGING DIRECTOR * EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT * SPECIALIZED MORTGAGE PARALEGAL Consummate senior executive, turn around expert and entrepreneur. Acknowledged by mortgage industry as expert in mortgage broker to mortgage banker migration, secondary / capital markets and corporate turnaround. Considered a visionary in new market startup and business plan implementation, human capital management, executive development and training, and recruitment. Vast experience consulting with top 20 lenders to grow market share and new product development. Career reflects success in multiple platform, cyclical market navigation, entrepreneurship and consultation. Well established professional as past president of Arizona Mortgage Brokers Association and Founder and Chairman of the International Mortgage Lenders Association Professional strengths:
|Secondary Markets Capital MarketsRisk ManagementDebt StructuringEntrepreneurshipP&L ManagementCorporate Development||Credit UnderwritingOrganizational ChangeLeadershipRecruitment and Team BuildingStrategic PartnershipsMethodology Development Mortgage Origination||Public SpeakingProject ManagementMarketingProduct DevelopmentTechnology IntegrationProcess Management Emerging Markets|
EDUCATION Juris Doctorate, Concord Law School Bachelor of Science, New Mexico State University CMB – Certified Mortgage Banker, Mortgage Bankers Association: School of Mortgage Banking CMC – Certified Mortgage Consultant, National Association of Mortgage Brokers CMPS – Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist, CMPS Institute BENCHMARKS & MILESTONES ENTREPENEURSHIP/ BUSINESS CREATION
- Established mortgage banking division from within mortgage broker framework and transformed business to top 20 FHA funder in Arizona within 1 year
- Implemented online e-mortgage portal for in 1994 resulting in over $5MM in annual revenue within two years grew business line to sale to top 10 Subprime Lender.
- Brought mortgage brokerage from $200MM annual volume brokerage to over $1BB in annual loan sales as mortgage banker achieving top 20 market status.
- Implemented consumer direct strategy growing sales over 500% representing over $30MM in annual revenue and achieved 20% Net Profit year over year
- Authored the first mortgage product to achieve investment grade rating from the rating agencies targeted to North Americans purchasing real estate abroad with focus on Mexico and Central America.
- Founded emerging market business including public capital raising, regulatory relations, legal research and framework, market research and establishment of advisory board.
- Translated mortgage career and knowledge to the legal profession to bring mortgage expertise to existing law practice.
CULTURAL & ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE
- Successfully navigated origination teams through the last 4 major market changes establishing clear tools to identify and survive market cycles
- Developed proven business best practices for origination platforms to move from business on accident to customer for life success
- Developed A to Z training program for mortgage sales professionals, minimum skill standards, recruit identification process and redeveloped on-boarding experience resulting in increasing employee retention 400%.
- Merged multiple mortgage brokerage entities across multi states and multi regions into single mortgage banking entity.
CAREER TRACK THOMSON LAW, PLC / ARBOLEDA BRECHNER / McCARTHY LAW PLC, Phoenix, AZ 2008 – 2013 As Specialized Mortgage Paralegal implemented new practice group for firm focused on Real Property and Mortgage Issues. Upon completion of Juris Doctorate expanded practice to all aspects of real estate and mortgage law issues. Entrepreneurship / Business Creation As Director of Mortgage Mediation Practice Group researched and implemented sound practice group focused on resolving homeowner issues related to the current real estate collapse and subsequent mortgage crisis. Highlights:
- Top to bottom business analysis and report to firm partners
- Recruited, hired and trained administrative and paralegal staff
- Instituted policies and procedures to conform to Arizona Bar standards and rules
- Implemented complete end to end mortgage forensic audit team
- Responsible for networking with the real estate and mortgage community for business developement
- Facilitated over 5,000 underwater homeowner interviews
- Over 1,000 loan modifications
- Over 2,500 Short Sales
ARTISAN MORTGAGE, Scottsdale, AZ 2007 – 2008 Brought in as President for a corporate turnaround to bring struggling builder focused mortgage banker through market change and implement new product and emerging market strategy while containing culture shift and balance morale. Cultural and Organizational Change Assumed consultive approach to identifying key priorities for organizational restructuring. Establish executive development program in order to create a solid leadership team and organizational accountability. Produced and implemented “Best Practices” to each key division of company. Highlights:
- Top to bottom business analysis and report to owners
- Establishment of executive team and board
- Recruited and placed new origination channels increasing sales force by 30%
- Coordinated corporate restructuring and downsizing strategy
- Sourced and implemented secondary market / pricing / eligibility platform expanding product base by ten fold and increasing gain on sale by 100%
- Re processed mortgage banking flow reducing inefficiency and establishing solid business rules along a proven risk management strategy
- Implemented FHA direct endorsement process achieving DE approval within 4 months
INTERNATIONAL MORTGAGE & INVESTMENT GROUP (IMI Group), Phoenix, AZ 2004 – 2007 Founded and Launched as Chief Executive Officer mortgage banking firm focused on the emerging market of North American baby boomers purchasing second home / retirement homes in Mexico and Latin America Entrepreneurship / Business Creation
- Identified an emerging market opportunity and conceptualized business foundation for the creation of a direct mortgage lender serving North Americans purchasing or refinancing real estate in Mexico and Latin America.
- Sourced, recruited and installed executive team and board of directors.
- Raised capital for initial company funding
- Designed and implemented complete loan origination, processing, underwriting, funding, servicing and securitization process for this new asset class.
- Authored first mortgage program for this emerging market opportunity to receive an investment grade rating for securitization.
- Successfully negotiated $100 Million credit facility and $500 Million loan purchase facility for securitization of these loans.
- Raised over $2MM in private equity capital to fund company operation.
- Successfully recruited and signed a sales force of over 300 mortgage brokers representing over 3000 employees focused on the sale of these loans to borrowers.
- Negotiated over $2 Billion in mortgage purchase commitments from Latin American developers constructing second home / retirement homes to these North Americans.
- Successfully navigated company through the current 2007 liquidity crisis into a strong position for restart when the capital markets return while preserving brand value.
ALPINE LENDING, Phoenix, AZ 2000 – 2004 Embarked upon an effort to implement a plan to bring a multi state mortgage brokerage from originating $15 Million in monthly to funding over $1 Billion in mortgage loans as a mortgage bank. Recruitment and Team Building / Project Management
- Implemented complete loan origination training program resulting in a 400% increase in employee retention.
- Achieved goal of becoming top producing center in company increasing revenues from $1 Million annually to over $5 Million annually.
- Assumed role of Regional Vice President and successfully duplicated business plan across three regions mirroring results of previous accomplishments
- Embraced new role of Executive Vice President of Operations and strategically planned and implemented the enterprise wide rollout of a proven recruiting, hiring and training program resulting in the growth goal of 200 loan officers and over $1 Billion in annual closed loan production.
- Re-founded Alpine Lending as mortgage lender as President and Co-Founder and successfully integrated over 500 employees into one multi state / multi region mortgage bank.
- Established over $40 Million in credit facilities to fund mortgage loans and sell to the secondary markets.
- Fully integrated operations onto one mortgage banking platform from origination, lock, processing, underwriting, closing, funding, delivery and sale to capital markets resulting in over $ 4 Billion in sold loan volume with less than 1% delinquency and default rate.
AMERIBANC MORTGAGE, CORP, Mesa, AZ 1995 – 1999 Solidified mortgage career as successful mortgage originator achieving Loan Officer of the Year for 1997 and 1998 from AAMB. Expertise, Performance, Implementation
- Implemented first mortgage origination web platform at company achieving over $20 Million per year in production
- After successfully reaching consistent top producer milestones assumed role as Executive Vice President of Operations.
- As Executive Vice President implemented the companies first warehouse line of credit to begin to fund mortgage loans as a mortgage banker
- Wrote and implemented company quality control plan and managed all HUD relationships.
PERFORMANCE PLUS MORTGAGE, Tucson / Phoenix, AZ 1992 – 1995 Began mortgage career as file setup clerk moving to mortgage underwriting Application, Implementation, Action
- Mastered the details and skills of a loan processor processing both conventional and government loans
- Received Direct Endorsement Underwriter for FHA within 2 years
- Highest quality rating for loans funded with lowest pre purchase stip report
- Effectively migrated from operations to origination with the change in market conditions
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, Active Duty, National Guard and Reserve, Worldwide 1983-1991 Joined Air Force out of high school, served as Site Developer while active duty and upon entry to college following active duty served in the National Guard as Weapons Specialist during college. Honorably discharged from Reserves following Desert Shield